i) At school (local village primary school);
ii) After School Program in the village community settings),
iii) Young Women’s Village Education and Career Resource Centre ( YW-ECRC)
Volunteers are responsible for assisting with English language tutoring at school and homework help during the After School Program. Learners also have alternative option to attend a number of enrichment activities during after school program on alternative days. These activities range depending on the day and number of volunteers and staff available.
• Work one-on-one and in small groups
• Share daily After-School Program duties and staffing during enrichment activities.
• Work with After-School Team in providing special events and programming, opportunities, and help as needed
• Provide frequent updates on academic and behavioral progress to the Clusterv/ Program Coordinator.
• Assist in the implementation of the discipline protocol as your comfort allows.
• Documentation and Other duties as assigned.
• Interest / skills to work with children in educational/enrichment setting.
• Interest in / confidence to work with people of a variety of cultural, religious and economic backgrounds
• Tutoring experience a plus (but not required)
• Works well as part of a team
• Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and positive outlook.