- Volunteer India
- Culture and Language
- Travel Program India
- Country Coordinator
- Program Fee India
- Volunteers’ Reviews
- Photo Gallery
ARE YOU ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT HELPING THE NEEDY?
LOOKING FOR AFFORDABLE INDIA VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS ?
- The best price, guaranteed; starts $135
- Pay fees directly to your host families and projects
- safe and meaningful volunteer experience
- It will change you forever ……………
India, land of enlightenment and beauty on a grand scale, has a very special place waiting just for you! Change your life and get in touch with your deepest love of humanity by joining EVT India in the vacation of a lifetime.
When you join us in one of our Volunteer in India programs, you’re signing up for an experience that will open your heart and change your life. This fabulous country offers a stunning diversity of sights and sounds, scenery and culture, in a vibrant land both ancient and vast of scope and depth.
Come immerse yourself in the irresistible local culture as you work to help the underprivileged, deserving people who will, in turn, light up your spirit with joy. Choose from among several different, highly affordable programs, such as working in a rehabilitation center, teaching English, or supporting a women’s project.
EVT India’s Volunteer in India program offers you the chance to see one of the most mysterious destinations on the planet, and give of yourself while you’re expanding your own horizons. Request more information today!
VOLUNTEER PROGRAMS IN INDIA
- Work in orphanage (Delhi, Jaipur)
- Teaching English (Delhi, Jaipur & Agra)
- Medical/Healthcare Project (Delhi, Jaipur )
- HIV/AIDS Project (Delhi, Jaipur )
- Support a Women’s Group Project (Delhi, Jaipur )
- Teach English in Public Schools in Himalaya Region (Palampur, Dharamsala)
- Work in with At-risk/Street Children in Himalaya Region (Palampur, Dharamsala)
- Summer Escapes: Volunteer and Travel (4 weeks)
DATES AND PRICES
All projects (Volunteer and travel options) begin on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of each month, though we allow for flexibility due to travel constraints.
EVT India is committed to offering quality volunteer abroad programs at a very affordable price. We strive to keep our costs low so that our volunteers benefit from the lowered program prices. The humanitarian side of the business is our passion.
EVT India’s application/registration fee: US $299. The application fee covers our cost of advertising, program promotion, and office expenses (rent, utilities, and staff salaries in USA office).
In addition to the application fee, volunteers are required to pay weekly program fee. You pay your weekly fee directly to your host families and projects. This way, the fees you pay will benefit those who deserve it (not for company profit).
- 1 Week
- 2 Weeks
- 3 Weeks
- 4 Weeks
- 5 Weeks
- 6 Weeks
- 7 Weeks
- 8 Weeks
- 9 Weeks
- 10 Weeks
- 11 Weeks
- 12 Weeks
What the fee covers or doesn’t cover?
How your fee is allocated?
- Airport Pickup & Transfer (Delhi- 45 minutes) $45
- Airport Pickup & Transfer (Jaipur – 3 hours ) $65
- Mandatory Comprehensive Travel Insurance $3.49/day
- Language and Culture Program fee $250
- Airport Pickup & Transfer (Dharamsala- 9 hours) $100
LANGUAGE AND CULTURAL IMMERSION PROGRAM –DELHI (ONE WEEK)
In India, EVT India offers one week Language and Cultural orientation in Delhi. The program is a one week adventure in cross-cultural learning, language study, and travel.
The program features orientation of Indian cultural, religions, politics, climates, and other issues related to volunteering in India. In this program, volunteers will learn the basic phrases and verbs that are commonly used by Indians in their daily lives.
As a part of program, you will explore the vibrant city of Delhi covering the most popular tourist destinations of old and New Delhi. In summary, this one week program offers you intriguing glimpses of India and an in-depth understanding of the country and peoples before you start your volunteering project.
INDIA VOLUNTEER PROGRAM:ACCOMMODATIONS/MEALS/FIELD SUPPORT
EVT India’s weekly fees include management of volunteers’ meal plans and accommodations throughout projects and travel options. Three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be provided and consist of local ingredients and feature traditional cuisine choices for India. Our meal program can accommodate vegetarian needs; however, we are not able to provide for other dietary restrictions. Food and drinks outside of mealtimes are the volunteer’s responsibility. In most cases, there are restaurants and markets nearby the homes in which our volunteers stay.
In India, most volunteers stay in a Homebase, in an onsite accommodation in the project site or with a host family. The concept of Homebase is a permanent residence set up especially for international volunteers. There are several bedrooms at our Homebase and volunteers will normally share a room with a same gender volunteer. There are community rooms and a television. The environment is very relaxed and social and a great place to unwind after a busy day. The kitchen and bathrooms are shared, and there is running water and “western-style” toilets. The neighborhood is very safe and clean. There are many amenities nearby like internet cafés, grocery stores, restaurants and mass transit stops. Orphanage volunteers in India might have the opportunity to stay with the children as many orphanages provide private rooms for international volunteers. These volunteer rooms will normally be shared with a volunteer of the same gender.
Volunteers may stay with a host family also. Volunteers staying with a host family usually have a single bedroom, but may occasionally share a room with another volunteer of the same gender. Our host families are chosen carefully and are esteemed community members, who have experience in the realm of hosting international travelers. Host family residences are in comfortable, clean and safe neighborhoods and rooms are simply furnished and tidy. Staying with a host family can offer the support system a volunteer will crave during their program and it is a great way to learn about a host country’s culture and customs.
A unique and important part of EVT India’s successful volunteer abroad programs is our volunteer support in-country. We put safety and comfort first as we deliver enriching and consistent experiences for our international travelers. Our support is multi-faceted while volunteers are in India and our staff is in contact with our volunteers on a regular basis either with face-to-face visits or via phone/email. Key support comes from our country coordinator and in-country field staff. These individuals are employed by our company and committed to ensuring your experience the best it can be. Your chosen project staff and host family offers support as well, and they are familiar with working with international volunteers and accustomed to answering questions and providing guidance. Volunteers also have access to our country coordinator’s mobile number for emergencies. With longer assignments, our field staff visits regularly (every 2-4 weeks) to ensure the experience is meeting your expectations. Sometimes an assignment may be too far to visit physically, so staff members will touch-base via phone/email. You are also welcome to stop in the offices at any time. You are never alone.
Specific details regarding accommodations, food and contact details for our local coordinator will be provided in personalized volunteer placement documentation prior to arrival.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS- INDIA
Application Process/ Visa
- When should I apply for a volunteer/internship assignment in India?
- What happens once I submit my documents and application to EVT India?
- How long does it take to process my application?
- What documents do I need to submit with my application?
- Are there any necessary requirements to participate in the India based volunteer programs?
- Visa Information
- Who manages the volunteer projects in India?
- What are the daily schedules of the projects?
- Where are the projects located?
- What is the language spoken in India?
- When are the India based assignments available?
- How long can I volunteer in India?
Arrival and Departure Information
- Who will arrange my flight to India?
- At which airport should I arrive?
- If my assignment begins on Monday, when should I arrive in India?
- Will someone pick me from the airport? If so, how will I know who they are and where they are?
- What should I do if my flight is delayed?
- How can I get to my accommodations from the airport if I did not connect with EVT India’s local representative in the airport?
- What do I need prior to departure from my home country?
- If I want to arrive earlier than when my assignment begins, where do I stay and who will organize the accommodations? When should I depart from India?
- From which airport shall I depart?
- Who will bring me to the airport for my departure?
Living Accomodation / Meal Information
- Who will arrange my accommodations and what are they?
- Are single rooms available?
- If I arrive with my friend, or girlfriend/boyfriend, can we stay together?
- Will there be other foreign volunteers/interns at my placement?
- What are the bathroom facilities like?
- What are the laundry arrangements?
- Can I use appliances if I bring them from my home country?
- Who manages my meals?
- Can you accommodate special diets?
- Is the running tap water safe for drink?
- Are there hot and cold-water facilities available?
- Will bottled water be provided?
Health and Safety
- How safe is India?
- What are the principle health risks in India?
- Is the food safe if I buy it from a street vendor?
- What are the sanitary conditions in India?
- AreATMs easily available? If yes, which debit and credit cards are accepted?
- What is the Local Currency and how do I know the exchange rate?
- Where should I exchange my money?
- How much money should I bring with me?
- Is it safe to carry cash with me?
- How do I contact with EVT India’s local coordinator?
- How do I contact my family and friends once I arrive in India?
- How can my family members contact me?
- Can I bring my telephone from my home country?
Culture and Custom
- Is Is there a special dress code that I should follow while staying in India?
- What should I know about religious conduct in India?
- How do I respect the people of India?
More Information about India
- What is weather like in India?
- Official Indian Holidays
- What about tipping in India?
- Materials to Bring
NOTE: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is generic information and should not be used as a definitive travel guide. Travel information and situations abroad change constantly. Participants should consult EVT India or travel advisors to verify this information.