Environment and Conservation Program:
Conservation refers to an ethic of biodiversity, environment, and natural resources, including protection and management. We as an an organization are dedicated to protection and management of the local environment or natural resources. Wildlife is under threat and we need to act urgently. The loss of natural environments is one of the most important challenges facing our planet. As such, a powerful focus on conservation is necessary. We want to encourage environmentalists to examine what the real costs and benefits of conservation are, so that better practices for people and for animals can be developed.
Conservation of natural resources include,
- Soil conservation, management of soils to prevent erosion, depletion, and contamination
- Water conservation, management of fresh water as a sustainable resource
- Wetland conservation, management to protect and restore wetlands
- Wildlife conservation, protection of endangered species and their habitat
- Marine conservation, protection and management of ocean and sea ecosystems
- Energy conservation, management of energy resources
- Habitat conservation, land management practices to protect, manage, and restore habitat
Opportunities to Engage / Support:
Environment and Conservation projects enable national/international volunteers to support marine conservation, jungle conservation, coastline conservation and sustainable organic farming efforts within communities we work with in different regions of India. Conservation volunteers work closely with local organizations and community members to support both proactive and reactive methods of protecting our natural environment. Various conservation projects, including Organic Farming; Forestry; Sanitation and Waste Management; are available for year-round participation and are perfectly suited to volunteers who are up for a challenge and don’t mind getting their hands dirty.
Do you have a passion for the natural environment and want to spend time both enjoying and preserving it for future generations? Conservation volunteers are placed on essential projects aimed at physically assisting with environmental projects and raising awareness about the importance of human interaction.
Volunteers are not required to have any prior experience with environmental or conservation work but will leave the program with a new perspective and a wealth of empirical knowledge. Join us on an Environmental and Conservation program and part of something amazing.