Family is the cornerstone of Indian social life. Those who wish to immerse themselves in language, culture, and daily life should consider spending time with a host family. This provides an intimate experience of India and also allows the host family to learn about other cultures, lifestyles, and languages.
Our home stay accommodations focus on traditional life styles, local cultural exchange and sustainable development. Staying with a local family increases employment opportunities and the living standards of local communities.
Most placements are arranged in rural areas with typical Indian-style houses. Cultural and volunteer activities are based on individual interests*:
- Learn to cook local foods
- Take Hindi classes
- Sewing and local crafts
- Trekking in the Himalayas
- Visit local temples, learn customs and dance, attend celebrations and holidays
- Take care of the kitchen garden
- Look after the farm animals
- Teach English or other subjects to children
- Contribute to social mobilization on different issues
Of course, homestays can be combined with other volunteer work available in the local community. By participating in our home stays you are contributing to the economic, social and cultural benefits for local communities as well as sustainable development.
Homestay’s are available in Dharamshala or Jaisalmer in northern India. Contact us to book one of our unique homestays.
Book today![booking nummonths=1]